by Kenan Dursun, firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the “Digital in 2016” report prepared by We Are Social, 3.419 billion people are connected to the internet worldwide, and 2.307 billion people are actively getting involved in social media. 1.968 billion out of 3.790 billion mobile device users are using social media through mobile devices.
According to “2016 Global NGO Online Technology” report;
Of NGOs worldwide,
- 92% have websites.
- 46% write blog regularly.
- 70% use .org domain address.
- 75% regularly send informative e-mails to their supporters.
- 95% uses Facebook, 83% uses Twitter, 40% uses Instagram, 52% uses LinkedIn, 51% uses YouTube, 30% uses Google+, 22% uses Pinterest, 6% uses Tumblr and % 2 uses Snapchat.
Below we’d have listed a few basics tools that you can use in your organization.
- Buffer (BufferApp)
- Inbox Mail Marketing
Buffer is a social media sharing tool which allows you to easily and quickly share scheduled content from your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, google + and pinterest accounts. It is preferred by many social media administrators in terms of being compatible with useful mobile application and web browsers. (There are some restrictions for free version. If you have a large number of social media accounts, you can benefit from discounted packages as a non-governmental organization)
- Scheduling, queuing, and sharing your shares immediately
- Ability to quickly share the page you read through the Web browser plugin
- Compressing feature for your link shares (buf.ly, bit.ly, j.mp)
- Detailed analysis
- Different usage packages
Canva is a free visual design tool which enables you to make the designs you need in the digital world. It has a simple drag-and-drop design interface. By using the tool menu on the left you can quickly change an existing design or create a new design. Canva is a free application, but some designs and photographs included in it are paid.
- Quickly create all the visuals you need with templates suitable for many social networks free of charge
- Add your own logo or other images on to your designs
- Make designs for events, training, certificates needs suitable for printing
- Able to download your designs in jpeg, png, pdf and pdf formats
- Create common designs as a team and organize them in folders
With Pictochart, you can make your reports noticeable in a quick and easy way. Creating easy info-graphics will help your audience engaged and review your work.
- change info-graphics by using ready-made drafts
- create new info-graphics
- download png and jpeg formats free of charge
- sign up with your Google or Facebook account
- prepare reports, posters and presentations
- add your own logo or other images on to your designs
If you think that a free package is not sufficient, you can benefit from discounted packages as a non-governmental organization.
Slack aims to save institutions and project teams from getting lost in email traffic. It is an indispensable application, if you want to make your intra-team communication more powerful and productive.
- share files for projects and communicate quickly
- can make voice calls with your colleagues
- reduces your email traffic.
- integrates with many services (Google Drive, Dropbox, Skype, Crashlytics, Datadog, Google+ Hangouts …)
- can be used on multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux,
In free account with no user limit, you have a total of 5 GB space and 5 tool integrations. If you think that the free package is not enough, you can benefit from the discounted packages as non-governmental organization through TechSoup.
The next generation form creation tool.
- create quizzes, surveys and forms
- use the information that you received in the form in other questions proceeding it (For example, when you receive the user’s name at first, you can ask question by using the name of the user in another question afterwards.)
- detailed analysis such as the number of people who click on the form link, the average filling time of the form by the users, the device where the form is filled (PCs & Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones)
75% of NGOs worldwide regularly send informative e-mails to their supporters. If you also want to send e-newsletters to your supporters, you can do this easily and quickly thanks to Inbox Mail Marketing.
- Create mobile-friendly designs in minutes by using ready-made templates
- Send personalized e-mail campaigns
- Automatic sending feature
- You can learn about how you can make your email campaigns more effective with the INBOX Academy.
Simon Kemp, 2017, “Digital in 2016”, https://www.slideshare.net/wearesocialsg/digital-in-2016?