Asociația Techsoup is a capacity-building organization founded in 2010 helps nonprofits which provides technology resources to nonprofits, as well as to youth and educators.
We believe technology can contribute to fostering a more open and democratic society, therefore we work to make technology accessible, understandable and familiar to changemakers in our society. We serve the vibrant Romanian NGO sector and strive to offer as many technology-based tools as possible to boost the incredible civic work they do in Romania. We are committed to promote the dynamic local IT environment and believe that the Romanian NGO sector and IT industry can together foster a society that is more open and democratic. We aim to create meaningful interactions with technology for youth and educators and promote IT knowledge as a powerful enabler for tomorrow’s professionals and citizens.
ASOCIAȚIA TECHSOUP’S PROGRAMS FOR NGOs:
We build technology-driven capacity-building programs for Romanian NGOs, empowering a community of +2,500 NGOs to tackle civic and social problems supported by technology.
- TechSoup Romania and TechSoup Moldova – Since 2010, Asociația Techsoup Romania has been serving a growing community of Romanian NGOs by providing them with access to affordable technology in partnership with TechSoup. As of 2015, Asociatia Techsoup Romania also operates in Moldova, facilitating the access of Moldovan NGOs to the TechSoup Donation Program.
- ONG Online – More than 500 NGO employees and volunteers trained annually in the first Romanian digital school for NGOs, where they are taught by the best online experts in Romania. The first edition of the program, 2015-2016, was funded by EEA Grants and the NGO Fund in Romania. The program is currently funded by the TechSoup Romania Program.
ASOCIAȚIA TECHSOUP’S EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
We build technology-driven capacity-building programs for youth and educators, helping them create educational meaningful experiences in the public system. We support applied informatics on all school levels.
- Opening Opportunities – A mentor-driven computer science program for high-school students that empowers youth to reach their potential in understanding, creating and using technology as a powerful enabler for tomorrow’s professionals and citizens. In 2017, Opening Opportunity received the Digital Skills in Education Award at the European Digital Skills Awards in Brussels. Opening Opportunities is funded and powered by Microsoft YouthSpark and implemented with the support of Microsoft CSS in Romania.
- Predau Viitor – The first accelerator in teaching computer science in Romania and a multi-annual program made up of remarkable CS educators who are willing to transform public school CS teaching. Predau Viitor is created with the support and funding of Romanian American Foundation. In 2017, Predau Viitor is co-funded by the Google CS4HS program.
- Îndreptar Digitalâ – A long-term training and coaching program for primary school teachers in rural and small urban areas of Romania to help them add a layer of technology to inquiry-based learning. Îndreptar Digital is a program supported by Google Foundation through Tides Foundation.