TransparenCEE is a community-oriented project for strengthening the capacity of NGO, IT, and media organisations that use technology and open data for better transparency, accountability, and governance in the Central and Eastern Europe.
The project’s goal is to promote increased transparency and accountability by harnessing open public data in new and innovative ways, sharing of best practices, mapping successful transparency and accountability projects and regulatory frameworks throughout the region.
Network members work to create a space for exchange of ideas and best practices as well as to create new collaborations between like-minded stakeholders across borders and sectors. We do it by:
- organizing international conferences where people can learn and network;
- holding workshops that address specific knowledge gaps within the community;
- developing cross-border solutions in thematic working groups;
- replicating and documenting successful technology solutions;
- creating practice oriented research and analysis.