On Friday, November 27, 2020, we completed the fourth edition of the Personal Democracy Forum Ukraine. This time, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it took place online, and thanks to live streams in social media, it reached over 20,000 users!
This year’s # DFUA2020 program focused on the local dimension of digital transformation. 30 experts from Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Hungary and other European countries discussed how sustainable digital transformation that covers central and local self-government levels should look like.
We organized 7 discussion panels devoted to various issues of the digital transformation of Ukraine.
- STATE ADMINISTRATION & LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT: how ensure balanced digital transformation
- THE ROLE OF CIVIL SOCIETY IN THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: how civil society participates and how it benefits from digital transformation
- DIGITAL SECURITY: security of sensitive data, cybersecurity, and human rights
- INCLUSION: digital inclusion, digital accessibility, women in tech
- DIGITAL ECONOMY: fostering economic development through digital technologies, digital economy at the local level, legal tech, legal aspects of the digital economy
Among the speakers were politicians representing EU countries such as former MEP Michał Boni and the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, headed by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov, who opened the first day of the forum with his speech.
“Active development of the digital state is becoming an idea linking the central administration and local government in Ukraine” – with these words Mr. Fedorov addressed the Forum participants in his inaugural speech.
In turn, Michal Boni, the former minister responsible for the digitization of Poland, emphasized in his speech during one of the discussion panels that “Ukraine has started its own way to the digital world and the development of democracy, which will improve communication between citizens and the government”.
The event was organized in partnership with TechSoup Europe with the Civil Network OPORA, ePaństwo Foundation, OSCE/ODIHR and the TransparenCEE network. The sponsor of the conference is the National Endowment for Democracy, which has been supporting TechSoup initiatives for years.
More in English: pdfukraine.org/2020_main_en
More in Ukrainian: pdfukraine.org/2020_main_ua