On February 24, the Russian Federation violated international law by invading the independent state of Ukraine. The TechSoup Global Network stands in solidarity with the citizens and civil society of Ukraine.
TechSoup helps to address this challenge by connecting civil society organizations working in and for Ukraine with access to critical technology and related resources. We aim to supply nonprofits with the tools they need to securely serve the most vulnerable communities. If your company or organization has a tool or training to provide to support the effort that you’d like to see featured, please reach out here.
We collected these resources helpful for civil society organizations:
TechSoup supports nonprofits around the world by providing access to donations and discounts on software, hardware, and services from major brands. For example, nonprofits around the world can receive 10 free Microsoft cloud licenses, Asana project management tools at a steep discount, and 50 free licenses of identity and access management tools from Okta.
To help support civil society organizations serving those fleeing violence and protecting the sovereignty of Ukraine, many donors have decided to offer donations and special discounts:
- Bitdefender is offering up to 50 licenses of its cybersecurity solutions free of charge to eligible Ukrainian NGOs, via the TechSoup donation program. Private citizens of Ukraine, companies and public sector organizations can also request Bitdefender’s cybersecurity technology free of charge, under a complementary direct offering by Bitdefender. This offering also extends to any company or public entity from a NATO or European Union country that seeks to replace cybersecurity solutions currently in use and which create concerns from a technical or geopolitical perspective.
- Cypherdog is offering free 12-month subscriptions of their safe file transfer, storage, and encryption to 1,000 users of qualified NGOs. Available in Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Hungarian, French, Spanish, Arabic, and German. To access, contact Cypherdog.
- NortonLifeLock is offering up to 20 licenses of Norton 360 Deluxe (protection for up to 100 devices) to eligible NGOs in Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Moldova and Hungary. Norton 360 Deluxe protects your computers, tablets, and smartphones as well as your personal information against the latest online threats. Devices are managed through a web interface with no need for a server.
- Xopero ONE Backup & Recovery – is offering one-year free subscriptions to their all-in-ONE backup software to protect physical machines, VMware, Microsoft 365 data to NGOs from Ukraine and Poland. NGOs should have confirmed status; not seeking profit, and be active in supporting victims of the war in Ukraine. To request this offer, NGOs should set up a free trial account and then send an official inquiry with the subject line “TechForUkraine”. In the email please include: Organization data (name of the organization, address, NGO’s status confirmation, short description of their mission, and link to the website), the email associated with the trial account, and contact details for the organization representative (name, role, phone number and email address).
- Gizmi is a fast-payment platform that allows Ukrainian citizens and nonprofits to receive donations through a simple link. Ukrainian organizations and citizens can use Gizmi for free for six months. (All fees are waived except for a Stripe payment processing fee.)
- Benevity is a corporate employee engagement program that allows funding to flow from more than 750 of the most purpose-driven brands. NGOs who would like to receive funding through Benevity must onboard the platform. NGOs already validated by TechSoup can claim their profile and register. For those who would like to directly support NGOs supporting Ukraine in the effort, Benevity enables direct donations.
- Vuyap is a donation payment system using QR codes so that money can be collected without a computer.
- UIPath offers a selected package of tools for business process optimization (10 Flex Automation Developers, 2 Unattended Robots, 5 AI Unit bundles, UiPath Automation Hub, and 10 Action Center users). It is available for any NGO located in Ukraine or elsewhere, but in all cases directly involved in assisting with the current humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the offer.
- Caspio is offering its no-code application development platform free of charge for anyone to build apps to help Ukraine and the Ukrainian refugee crisis. The Caspio platform is ideally suited for rapidly building applications to support crisis management and first-responders. Interested parties are invited to start by signing up for a free Caspio trial account at www.caspio.com and reply to their sales representative to request this offer.
- Zendesk’s Tech for Good Program is a comprehensive program donating software, expertise, and financial support to nonprofit organizations tackling a wide range of social problems. Through it, Zendesk is offering 12 months of its Service Suite software in-kind to any non-profit, NGO, or volunteer group that is working to help victims of the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. If interested, please fill out the application in the Tech for Good Help Center, with proof of your non-profit status attached, and a member of the Tech for Good team will contact you to discuss next steps.
If you represent a nonprofit in Central or Eastern Europe that is working to support Ukraine in the war and has a Google for Nonprofits account, you can request consulting on a Google product to support your operations. Please note that support availability is limited, and, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that Google will be able to support all requests. This service is dedicated only to nonprofits active with Google for Nonprofits. Nonprofits that are not active with Google for Nonprofits can request an account.
- PrivMX – Encrypted Collaboration Software. PrivMX is offering 20 team accounts for up to 20 users each (with 30 GB storage space per organisation) for free for 12 months. The offer is available for qualified NGOs from Ukraine’s neighboring countries and beyond (i.e. excluding Belarus and Russia), focusing on supporting Ukrainian refugees and organising humanitarian aid. PrivMX provides secure communication through end-to-end encrypted chat and video, safe file storage and sharing, and easy task & time management – all in one digital workspace. Please contact PrivMX directly to request the offer.
- Webex by Cisco is offering anyone in Ukraine free Webex meetings in addition to providing free Webex calls to Ukraine. Read more.
- Botify offers a platform for website search engine optimization analytics which allows organisations to improve their websites to rank higher in online search results in search engines (such as Google or Yandex). The tool provides the best analytics insights for websites having 100 or more pages. Botify offers an essential package for one year + 2 hours of professional services support per month for a fee of €1 is made available for any NGO located in Ukraine or for organizations in other countries directly involved in assisting with the current humanitarian crisis in Ukraine or Ukrainian refugees. Please contact Botify to request the offer.
- Twilio helps nonprofits to engage their community, volunteers, and donors on the communication channels they use every day. Through the Twilio Impact Access Program, eligible organizations receive some automatic benefits, including a $500 kickstart credit and exclusive discounts on Twilio. Organizations can also inquire about further discounts, credits for other products and other financial support/resources. Visit this www to apply.
- RefAid is the mobile app used for connecting refugees and migrants with critical services. Users can discover essential services, guidance, and critical information posted by NGOs, government agencies, and local organizations near them through a category search or map tool. You can now post your services in Ukrainian, Polish, and other regional languages.
TechSoup is subsidizing the cost of TechSoup Courses for the staff of Ukrainian CSOs and CSOs in other countries helping Ukraine. To request, please reach out through this form. Courses are available in English, French, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish.
- Cybersecurity Bundle Courses: Learn practical approaches to make your organization safer and protect its ability to have social impact. Also, the staff and volunteers of any Ukrainian organization can take three TechSoup Courses free of charge by connecting here.
- Keeping Your Nonprofit’s Systems Secure While Working Remotely Recorded webinar in English: Make sure your staff, devices, and infrastructure are safe from cyberattacks.
- Operational Security Webinar Recorded webinar in English: Learn the principles and tools of operational security.
- Jak od ZARAZ poprawić bezpieczeństwo w sieci: własne oraz Twojego NGO Recorded webinar in Polish: Tips & trick on how to make you and your organization safer.
- Countering Disinformation Course in English,Albanian, Hungarian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Spanish: Learn how to distinguish between various types of disinformation and avoid traps.
- Think Twice: Media Literacy Online Course in English, Albanian, Hungarian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Spanish: Learn how to recognize different types of misinformation and what you can do to become more digitally resilient.
- Digital Safety & Security Course in Albanian, French, Hungarian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Spanish. Learn about fundamental cybersecurity concepts, state surveillance, and cybercrime.
- Cheapfakes in the CEE Region Recorded webinar in English: Discussion of how inexpensive audiovisual manipulation can be used to produce fake news.
- Informing on disinformation Podcast in English: A conversation with Veronika Víchová, an expert on disinformation and influence operations.
- Fighting with disinformation Podcast in English: A conversation with Kateryna Kruk, a communications specialist and political scientist focusing on international affairs and disinformation campaigns in Ukraine.
- Dezinformacja w służbie Putina, czyli o tym jak nie wpaść w tryby machiny propagandowej Recorded webinar in Polish.
- War-time Disinformation Landscape in the CEE Recorded online discussion in English.
- Fundraising for Nonprofits with Photoshop Course in English: This eight-course track includes what you need for effective and dynamic fundraising.
- Excel for Nonprofits – Data Management and Reporting Course in English: How to use Excel to manage your data and effectively report your impact.
- Power BI – Data Analysis for Nonprofits Course in English: How Power BI services and applications work together and how Power BI can make your organization more efficient.
- Teams for Nonprofits – Collaboration Tools Course in English: How to use Microsoft Teams, a collaboration app that helps your team stay organized and have conversations.
- Disaster Preparedness for Nonprofit Organizations Course in English: How to plan at individual, organizational, and technology levels so that your organization is more resilient should a disaster strike in the future.
Community Building and Communication
- “Building Positive Narratives” Course in English, Albanian, Hungarian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Spanish where you will learn how to counter dangerous beliefs and attitudes and understand how to use social media features in favor of your narratives.
- CSOs Helping Ukrainian Refugees Recorded online discussion in English with activists dealing with the refugees’ situation in the countries neighboring Ukraine.
- Engaging Communities Online Course in English: How to establish, manage, and engage your nonprofit’s community online.
- Social Media Marketing for Nonprofits Course in English: How to use the power and potential of social media to raise funds, connect with supporters, and drive impact.
- Digital Activism Organizing: Tools, Tactics, and Training to Stand Together While Apart Recorded webinar in English: How to organize online through virtual events, petitions, crowdsourcing platforms, digital marketing tactics, and more.
- Having our act together – and other warning signs in journalism and human rights work Podcast in English: A conversation with Andy Carvin about compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma.
- Campaigning: How emotions help to build stories and counter disinformation Podcast in English: A conversation with Tijana Cvjetićanin and Hubert Sobecki about the master narratives against the LGBTQ+ community and how to fight them.
- Mobilizing for change Podcast in English: A conversation with Avnik Melikian, a feminist activist who focuses on building cooperation and dialogue between political parties and civil society.
- Changing Narrative Using Social Media and Digital Channels Recorded webinar in English: How you can strategically use social media and digital channels to change harmful narratives and mobilize people for action lead by Val Voshchevska.
- Changing your Narrative Hope, Futures and Power Webinar in English: We can tell our own story, based on our shared values and a clear idea of what future we are asking people to join us in building, and make that the prevailing narrative lead by Krizna Gomez.
- Basics of Graphic Design [Tutorial in English] Oсновы графического дизайна [RU]: tutorial that will help you make eye-catching graphics with an online design and publishing tool: Canva
- Canva tutorial Tutorial in English Canva Tutorial Tutorial in Russian: A 10-episode tutorial on creating graphics with CANVA, an online design and publishing tool.
- How to Protect One’s Well-Being While Online Webinar in English: How to manage your online presence, how online harassment occurs, and how to lessen its psychological and emotional toll lead by Julia DeCook.
- Burnout among activists Podcast in English: A conversation about a culture of well-being with Susan Comfort, co-founder of Nonprofit Wellness and a veteran executive director.
The Civil Society Security Strengthening Initiative
Civil society needs to be secure to support the tremendous need in Eastern Europe. Together, we must build a more secure civil society.
We can directly support the increased security of civil society organizations through appropriate tools and training, which includes providing skills to counter disinformation.
Learn more about the TechSoup Global Network.
The materials on this page are provided to educate the public and amplify existing efforts to support those impacted by the invasion of Ukraine. These resources do not constitute legal or other professional advice. TechSoup disclaims any liability for damages arising from the use, or inability to use any, of the resources on this page or from any action or decision taken as a result. Links provided enable you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site: TechSoup is not responsible for the content of, or any transmissions received from, any linked site. Any donated or discounted products are provided as-is and the terms and conditions applicable to such products are provided at the time of purchase.